If you go to a church where your pastor is telling you not to vote period, or not to vote for Obama because of his stance on gay marriage and women’s rights to abortion, I need to tell you something.
Stop listening to fools.
Your pastor is not God. He is just a man that pees and poops and says dumb shit just like millions of other men.
Secondly, your pastor is supposed to be teaching you about the bible, not interjecting his nose in politics and the government. Separation of church and state, remember?
Lastly, look at Romney and what he stands for. Read up on the tenets of Mormonism and understand what his belief system means for women. Romney is all about denying women rights and power. The same thing your pastor wants – to keep women under his control, meek and docile. So of COURSE he would be against Barack Obama who thinks women are intelligent and have the ability to chart their own course independent of men’s opinions.
Black pastors teach female submission and male dominance; black males of course love the concept of female submission and male dominance which means they also find fault with Barack Obama’s policies concerning women. Any male that supports women’s rights is one they hate… any male in league with their goal of keeping you down is one they like. Romney and his crew are all about destroying women’s freedoms, turning back the clock on women’s rights, and eliminating the autonomy women are enjoying in the U.S. which is one of the chief reasons Black men support him in great numbers.
But this post is geared towards black women. And I need you all to understand what is at stake here. Unless you want men to control every single aspect of your existence without you having a say-so, I suggest you not listen to your pastor or your man. Instead, go out and do what you need to do for your daughters and their future. Women deserve to be treated as human beings with their own minds, and rights equal to those of males in every respect.
This Presidential vote is very, very important in that regard, and every black woman needs to participate in the election.
Get out and vote. Vote for Barack Obama.
- Anti-Obama Pastors Have Deep Conservative Ties
- Bill Cosby Weighs in on President Obama
- The Role of Women in Mormonism
- Why Race is a Problem in the Mormon Religion
- Black Pastor Group Leader Has Serious Credibility Problems
- Women and Mormonism
- Seven Reasons Why Black Men Won’t Vote for Barack Obama
- Fear of a Black President!
- WTF? Black Men Against Obama?
- An Ex-Mormon Woman Looks Back at The Church
- Mormon Women Seek Gender Equality
- Former Mormon Explains Why Romney Should Never Be President
- Black Pastors Tell Flocks to Skip Voting
- Al Sharpton SLAMS Black Pastors (video)
Category: Society and Culture